CBD oil or Cannabinoid oil is primarily extracted from the flower of the Cannabis plant. Sometimes, leaves and stems are also used for the purpose, but they do not have the same amount of CBD that’s in the flowers. Wondering what’s the recent uproar about this oil? Well, to begin with, CBD oil has been a powerful cannabis extract for a long long time. It’s just that its benefits have started attracting people from all across the Cannabis community now. There are many shops you can buy CBD from, but there’s no way that you can be 100% sure about the quality. Which is why it’s better that you make it at home. Besides, the recipe listed below is quite simple to follow.
Cannabinoid Oil Preparation At Home
It all begins at choosing the strain of high-quality. Remember, Cannabis Sativa contains maximum CBD. So, that should be your focus. Buy high-quality Sativa dominant marijuana to start with.
CBD is water-insoluble but it easily dissolves in fat. That’s why the carrier you use to extract CBD oil should be an oil – like coconut oil for instance.
The ingredients and equipment you’ll require to make CBD oil at home include the following.
- 28 grams of Cannabis flower
- 470 ml of Oil (Coconut oil, Olive oil, and so on)
- Bowls made of glass, steel, or ceramic
- A double broiler
- Cheesecloth for filtering
Once you have all the essentials you need, follow the steps listed below.
- Take the cannabis flower and grind it. You can hand-ground it as well.
- Now, take a double broiler and add coconut oil (or any other oil of your choosing) and the ground cannabis flower in it. Start heating them on low flame. Using a double broiler is preferred so that the mixture does not come in direct contact of the heat. Continue cooking it for 2-3 hours.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down a little.
- Take a cheesecloth and use it to filter the oil you just made from the residue.
And that’s your own homemade CBD oil.
One consideration is that you need to decarb the ground flower first. The process is simple.
- Take a cake container and use a cookie sheet to keep the ground cannabis flower.
- Keep the container with the extract in an oven and let it cook at 225°F for 1 hour.
Let it cool down before adding it with the carrier oil for cooking in a double broker. And the rest, you already know.