Marijuana which is also known as cannabis or weed has always been tagged as a harmful drug because of the fact most people are unknown to the benefits it could provide. Since the beginning people have been sceptical to it’s use and they still are in spite of all the studies coming up in favour of marijuana. But, do you know that cannabis could actually improve your mental health? Most people don’t because they are too stubborn to give up on their beliefs. If you are one of those people then, you definitely need to go through the points about what it could do to your brain.
Marijuana and Mental Health
It is true that marijuana and mental health doesn’t seem to go together but, that is where people go wrong. Several studies have already proved that marijuana is capable of improving your mental health. Let’s find out how.
- Acts As An Anti-Depressant: Smoking weed triggers our brain to release dopamine and anandamide which results in a relaxing effect. Though more researches needs to be conducted in this area but, it is still used by many people to self-treat their depression temporarily. According to them, it helps them to uplift their mood.
- Reduced Anxiety: Marijuana is also considered to cut down on your anxiety levels. Cannabis users often claim that marijuana works wonder for them when it comes to treating anxiety.
- Improved Sleeping Patterns: People who have difficulty in sleeping or go through chronic insomnia can use marijuana because it is known to improve sleeping patterns in people. It is because marijuana leads to both mental and physical relaxation which in result makes a person feel drowsy and thus, help them to sleep.
- Acts As A Stress Buster: Pot heads often claim that smoking weed helps their mind to reach a state of relaxation.
- Reduced Hostility: Well, there’s no prescribed drug available to treat hostility but, smoking marijuana can prove to be helpful. It is because marijuana has a relaxing effect on the human brain.
- Neuropathic Pain Reduction: Studies have shown that people who experiences neuropathic pain can use vaporized marijuana to reduce the unpleasantness of the pain.
These are only few of the positive points to focus on otherwise there is an endless list of benefits that you could get from marijuana. For people who do not know cannabis is considered to be a medical drug. So educate yourself and try changing your age old beliefs.