Most of the countries have now started to legalize Marijuana. The reason behind this is that many reports have proved that marijuana has numerous medicinal properties that help in curing a number of problems related to human health. Marijuana has two main active ingredients which are known as cannabidiol or CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. CBD has a good effect on the brain and THC is well known for the pain relieving properties that have. Almost 39.6 Americans are diagnosed with cancer. There also maybe a chance that someone who is very close to you has also battled this deadly disease. Marijuana can effectively help in treating Cancer.
How effective is marijuana
Oncologists recommend marijuana to most of the cancer patients as alternatives to medicines. There are a number of patients who do not show any improvement to the medicines that are prescribed to them. Marijuana, on the other hand, is known to have properties that can cure cancer and heal the pain of the affected ones.
- According to a number of scientific studies, the cannabinoid receptors and the endocannabinoids are capable of curing the ailments caused due to cancer.
- Marijuana is capable of inhibiting or even stopping the growth of the cancer cells. This includes the growth of the cancer cells in the breasts, liver or brain. It can even stop pheochromocytoma, leukemia, melanoma and many other types of cancer from growing or spreading from one body part to another.
- Marijuana can promote apoptosis according to the scientific researches. This is nothing but the programmed death of the cancer cells. It basically helps in stopping angiogenesis.
- Marijuana can also be combined with various chemotherapeutic regimens that are traditional or with other supplementary medicines so that they can work even more effectively on cancer affected patients.
- Marijuana is known to reduce the side effects that are caused due to chemotherapy in certain patients.
Marijuana has still not been able to find the way into clinical treatment of cancer though it is true that a number of oncologists recommend it. The scientists are bent on performing a series of other pharmacological studies and clinical researchers in order to declare marijuana as the best treatment for cancer affected patients. There are still many places where marijuana is still banned. The health benefits that marijuana has on the human health are still not known by a lot of people.