A growing number of wellness and beauty brands believe that a couple of cannabis infused products can dramatically alter how we treat everything from acne to eczema and wrinkles as well as chronic inflammatory pains. Though many alternate methods have been introduced, but one advancement inspiring awe all over the place since their inception has been transdermal cannabis patches. Since 2017, transdermal patches have staked a permanent claim in the medical marijuana market.
What are transdermal Cannabis patches:
Transdermal patches are infused patches that deliver a consistent supply of cannabis’ active ingredients. The medication slowly enters the bloodstream at the chronic pain spot and then penetrates the central nervous system. These patches are usually infused with THC, the highly medicinal and psychoactive ingredient in cannabis, but may also contain cannabidiol (CBD). The second most-common active ingredient in cannabis, CBD can treat inflammation, muscle spasms and pain in some patients. These patches are applied to any venous or porous area of the body for quick treatment.
Why Transdermal Cannabis patches should be preferred choice to relief Chronic pains:
Transdermal patch has an advantage over other types of medication delivery, including oral, topical, intravenous, and intramuscular, because it can provide a controlled release of the medication into the patient, usually through a porous membrane covering a reservoir of medication.
1. They use a carrier substance that enables the cannabinoids to transfer more easily, quicker from the skin into the bloodstream and the relief from spasms lasts longer.
2. The patch also offers a good night’s sleep for people ailing with constant nerve pain or even joint pain.
3. The accuracy in dose is a significant benefit. E.g. a 10 mg dose from a transdermal patch is roughly equivalent to what you might feel from an 80 mg serving from an edible. This is due to the high bio-availability with the patch; it enters into the blood which results in 100% cannabinoid uptake.
4. Consumers do try to compare transdermal patches to topicals. Usually topical bring pain relief on first three layers of the skin. With transdermal patches the cannabinoid therapy goes all the way through the seven layers of skin into the bloodstream
5. You can even control your doses by customizing dose by cutting the patch into halves, quarters, or even smaller sizes. And you can also wear multiple patches of any size at the same time to increase your dose.
Even after all those utilities, cannabis patches have also started appearing in different strains as well. All that variety helps patients pick a more personalized option, a choice that caters even to the other secondary issues.