Marijuana might be well known for being destructive and is even the reason it is banned in most countries, but this plant is not really all that bad. In fact, for those who are suffering from cancer and are undergoing chemotherapy, they find solace in cannabis which is another name for marijuana.
Now that you know how advantageous it is to properly cure your cannabis, for sure you are curious to know how to do the cannabis curing. With that being said, you can check below for a step by step guide to curing your cannabis the right way:
1. The first step is to cut down the plant. Here you can have three options on how to do it:
• Cut at the base and then hang it upside down
• Cut off the branches and hang to dry
• Cut the buds and have them dry on a mesh screen
2. Trim away extra leaves. There are those who will just trim away the bigger leaves but there are also those who will really trim away even those little leaves. In doing so, the buds will offer a smoother experience and at the same time, their appearance will also improve. Actually, the number of leaves to be trimmed away should depend on the climate in your area. The more humid is your area, the more leaves should be trimmed away.
3. When your buds are ready, you can now start the drying process. Note that making sure your cannabis buds are dry is the first phase of the curing process. And hanging them upside down is the standard way to do it. If you want to ensure the quality of your buds, they must be cured the right way.
4. You should continue drying until such time when you the leaves are already dry and stems are already kind of brittle. You can then place them inside a jar, though, in the first few weeks, you should regularly inspect them and at the same time, air out the buds.
The curing should not exceed more than 6 months as, after that, there will be no effect anymore. Indeed, marijuana or cannabis can also be your medicine when used the proper way. This is why no matter of this has been put to a bad light a number of times, we can’t deny the fact that more and more people are still interested in it.