With issues regarding the legalities and the high costs involved in the process, growing marijuana seems a difficult task for some people. But fortunately, with a gradual surge in the advancements and developments in this industry, the growth and maintenance costs of marijuana have remarkably declined.
As this is good news for the ones who have been thinking of growing marijuana but desisted till now because of its costs, there are also a few things to consider before growing marijuana indoors.
The budget required to grow cannabis
• When you decide to grow marijuana indoors, one most significant thing you need to know is that growing marijuana needs a perfectly controlled environment. The temperature, humidity, and light are to be controlled.
• Controlling these aspects of the environment requires certain equipment which are pretty expensive and that is why growing marijuana indoors becomes costly. But this controlled environment will result in high-quality yields. Thus, growing it indoors can cost you around $75 per square foot, on average.
• Therefore, when you calculate the budget for growing marijuana, the amount of land required for harvesting and the cost of the equipment is to be considered.
• The light required to grow the marijuana plant will cost you around $200 with the cost of the fans going up to $1000, organic soil costing up to $15 per gallon. The costs of nutrients can go up to $1000, not to mention the electricity you will need that will cost you $2000. So this is what you need to consider if you are serious about growing the plant.
Essentials for growing marijuana indoors
• The key element required for the growth of the plant is water. But, the important part here is that too much or too little water may damage the plant quality.
• Carbon dioxide is perhaps another important constituent, which is converted into sugar, essential for the health of the plant.
• Other important components such as sunlight, temperature, and soil quality are supposed to be controlled too. Further, the most significant part of all this is the growth room for the plant. When the plant is grown in a well-ventilated area, it gets fresh air which is another essential component.
To sum up, although the costs of growing the cannabis plant are quite high, one needs to look at it as a form of a great investment.